Saturday 31 August 2013

Warhammer: Halflings - proper 8th ed update out now!

Scarily fast, I know! I guess the prospect of Rome II consuming all other upcoming free time means I subconsciously feel a need to work my ass off until then, but I think the results should very well be worth it!

Anyway, this new, full colour version of the Halfling book features the following:

  • Much improved layout and formatting for better readability, the amount of repetition in the text has been toned down considerably. The sections of the book are much better laid out in separate parts with better in-dispersing headlines as well.
  • Full colour, most of the art is entirely new.
  • No more empty space on any pages.
  • Tons of re-balancing: prices for most infantry have gone up 1 pt, but the cavalry has generally gotten cheaper. Magic has been nerfed considerably to a more supporting role in keeping with the background. Their Magic Lore has unfortunately gone, but might reappear at some point in the future when I have a good idea of how to deal with it.
  • A new special character, Hisme Stoutheart (who really should have been in the army from the start!).

Oh, and don't let the new "dark" cover frighten you, they are still as much a "comedy" army as ever ;)

Anyway, enjoy, and let me know if I've totally ruined the army by hitting them with the nerf-bat too hard!

Google Drive Download below:






 

3 comments:

  1. Excellent work! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Moot Ogre don't have Ogre Charge and have only Impact hits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simplicity really. But I have some space left on their page still, I can probably squeeze in the Ogre charge rule there after all.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.